At tonight’s Club meeting, Sarum Rotary Club was presented with its official Charter by Rotary’s Immediate Past District Governor, Lawrence Tristram.
This was a momentous occasion for the Club and we were very honoured to have had a number of special guests at our meeting to celebrate with us, in addition to Lawrence. These included:
* Tim Mason, District Governor
* Paul Steele, District Governor Elect
* Cecil Rose, Assistant Governor Group 5
Glasses were raised to toast the progress the Club has made in a short period of time, during a global pandemic.
Despite the restrictions that we’ve all had to live with, Sarum Rotary Club has still managed to achieve a number of things during 2020, including:
* Corporate Quiz Night which raised money for the Club and for other local charities (held just before the March lockdown)
* Assisting with the building of outdoor learning facilities at a school in Salisbury
* Participating in the organisation and running of the Clarendon Marathon 2020
* Awarding a scholarship to a young local athlete to the True Athlete Project
* Providing a CV Review service to year 10 and 11 pupils at schools around Salisbury
* Virtual Christmas Quiz to raise funds
We look forward to achieving even more in 2021.