- This event has passed.
Five Rivers Festival: Family River Float
May 24th, 2020 @ 08:00 - 13:00
CANCELLED – Family River Float, Educational Activities, Car Boot, Craft Activities, Trails & Talks – Sunday 24th May 2020
Unfortunately, we have come to the decision to cancel the 2020 Five Rivers Festival event so it will not take place this year in May as planned. Due to the current increase in the spread of Coronavirus disease, and growing uncertainty on mass gatherings, we feel it is in the everyone’s best interests to put this event on hold.
However, the Festival plans to be back in 2021 so watch this space! We will be posting details as soon as we can!
We are delighted to link up the 2020 River Festival with both the International Arts Festival and the Cathedral 2020 celebrations.
The Family River Float is an ideal opportunity for families to float down a beautiful stretch of the River Avon from Mill Lane Bridge at Stratford-sub-Castle down to Ashley Green.
There will be organised walks including a Meadow Trail up the Board Walk to discover the flowers, insects and animals which frequent the local habitat and a River Trail discovering the history of an old Roman road and indeed bridge built across the Avon.
Otherwise, all on Ashley Green, there will be
- Lots of River Education Activities run by River related organisations including the Salisbury & District Angling Club, Wiltshire Wildlife Trust, Wessex Chalk Stream & Rivers Trust and others.
- River Talks covering the importance of Salisbury’s rivers in relation to the development of both Old Sarum and New Sarum and hopefully also on what we can all do as individuals to help look after our river ways and the local habitats they support.
- A special Car Boot Sale run by the Fire Service offering a great chance to sell your unwanted possessions, or to pick up a bargain.
- A range of Craft Activities opposite the Studio Theatre available to all, organised by the International Arts Festival.
- Hot and Cold Refreshments available between 8am to 1pm.